A few weeks ago, PayFit's VP of Design Léa Mendes Da Silva spent 3 hours talking about design (and more) with podcaster Gautier Zimmermann.
She touched upon many topics related to being a VP of Design:
- Scale and retention issues
- OKRs and leadership
- Structure and organisation
- Challenges, failures, and successes
Rather than cutting through such a rich conversation, they chose to release it whole – in two parts! Now that the second part has been published, it is time to post about it here :)
In the first part, they take look back on her journey before PayFit.
Specific topics include:
- Visual merchandising and customer experience
- Mistakes not to make when evangelising design
- The importance of creating synergies between designers
- Learning from your first experiences
The second part touches on the past 3 years:
- The role of VP of Design
- The construction and structuring of his team
- The methods put in place to keep a consistent design
- Measuring the performance of designers
- A multitude of other topics!
Happy listening to you, and merry new year to all!